20 October 2011

Best's Great Western Bin No.1 2010 Shiraz










I don’t have much to say this week.


I’ve been left deeply depressed by the Wallabies’ performance at the Rugby World Cup and an All Black dog has been following me around since exactly 6.01pm (AEST) on Sunday night.


I would be wearing black if not for the obvious unsuitability of the colour in the current context.


And so I have sought consolation in the bottom of a bottle all week. The best of these was Best's Great Western Bin No.1 2010 Shiraz. That's a mouthful of a name, but pleasingly it's also a nice big mouthful when you actually get it into your mouth.


Ok. It's probably not the most sophisticated drop. It's not mind-blowing in the manner of some of the pinot I've dug into recently. It's not When-Harry-Met-Sally, I'll-have-what-she's-having good. But it is tasty. Damn tasty.


Like that English bloke with his face on the couscous, it's dark and fruity and easy-going.


Easy to pour. Easy to drink. Easy to pour yourself another and forget that your rugby team has been infiltrated by a sleeper cell of Kiwis who have just ruined the final week of the World Cup for you.


And at $25, it's good value for such a friendly drop.


Vive la France.






Rating: 8
Drink with: Ainsley
Price: $25


No comments:

Post a Comment